punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Saturday, October 01, 2005

sad cracker

You know what's sad?

When you realize that you are kind of like Cracker (the band), artistically speaking.

And you think, "Man! I think I've got a lot in common, musically, with these guys."

And then you think, "I like them. And I can basically just pick up a guitar and play any song that they play. It's sort of just what comes naturally. That's kind of cool."

And then you think, "You know, I'd never even have known that I liked these guys if Dave hadn't made me listen to them--I'll have to remember to thank Dave for that! Before that, I only knew that one 'hey, hey, hey like bein' stoned' song that was on the radio constantly, and I didn't really like it. Guess that's why I was never into them. ...But that song's really not typical of their stuff. ..I guess they couldn't get played on the radio with any of their normal stuff, so this one song they managed to slip past the radio radar. Accidentally wrote one that was actually popular."

"..wait.. but if.. I've got.. and ..they.. d'oh!!"

Thank you. This has been a journey of musical self-discovery with your host, John Caparoon.

And listen to some old Cracker albums. I recommend the song, "I ride my bike"..which is really profound. And also in "E", which is one of the easiest keys for rippin' off Alman Brothers-esque guitar solos.

1 Comments:

At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're welcome! 'Kerosene Hat' is their masterpiece. A lot of excellent songs on there, including "Low" which I think sounds better in context than it does removed from the other songs.

Cracker evolved from Camper Van Beethovan, but I don't know much about that band as alt-music geeks like me are supposed to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home