punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Saturday, July 01, 2006

oh man...

I know, I know. I really need to update the blog.

It turns out that taking over the world, whether through apathy or more aggressive measures, is quite consuming.

Short update on life in general:

* I am now a departmental manager at work; "Manager, Direct Marketing and Leads Management". I actually like this. I should be committed. (take that however you like)

* I went our our annual fishing vacation with the family. It was a good time. The fish were out of their minds, biting like wild animals. .. Wait. They are wild animals! I ate a lot. It was pleasant, but not long enough, and I didn't spend enough time alone with Deb.

* I have less to do than I ever have in my life, and I'm still pretty busy. What's up with that?

* Mom & Dad bought us one of those soft-sided backyard pools. With it's own filter and everything. We spent most of the day in it today, and are slowly becoming pool people. My hair is clownlike. ..but kind of in a cool 80's rock band way. So I guess not cool at all. Whatever. It's entertainment, for sure.

* My acoustic guitar has a crack in the finish, but I think it's OK. I have been playing a lot lately, and I'm planning on starting to chase down opportunities to play out here in the next week or so. I might actually know what I'm doing.

* I am trying to buy a delay pedal. The time has come for delay! (ooh.. that'd make a good album name or sumthin.) I also have had a song in my head for about a full week. It will require some rocking. Guess I'll have to plug in sometime over the long weekend.

* I have a long weekend. No work 'til Wednesday! (I think that was an album name.. maybe something from Loverboy.)

That's all I've got for now. Maybe some more sometime this weekend, if I'm not just partying so hard that I can't... break... free!

later, taters!
-j

5 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Blogger mr_eric said...

hi john

i'm too busy to update my blog too. jess has not had internet access since the move so we're dead in the water. got the RSVP and we'll see you on the 29th. did the CD make it's way downstate? I may drop jess's kids off in your pool for the month of august. (and september).

 
At 7:15 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Ha! No cd yet, but I eagerly anticipate its arrival. As well as the "echo park" delay pedal i bought over the holiday.

The pool is quite entertaining. We're having a good time with it. And the kids are learning how to swim better. You will have to come swim sometime.

Guess who lives in Peoria now..? Vince! Pretty cool. He's the head of HR for Insight for the state of IL.

 
At 7:39 AM, Blogger mr_eric said...

did you get this one?

http://www.line6.com/tonecore/echoPark.html

these things are great. spent a week with one of these and found out that everything i thought i knew about the edge wrong and that he's both a cheat and a genius.

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger mr_eric said...

oh yeah, and vince! too cool. would love to see that dude.

 
At 8:03 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Yep! That's the one!

The Edge is as you say. But he also got this effect by setting up multiple amps around the stage and playing through them all. Then later came the awesome Edge-emulating delays. : ]

We'll get together w/ Vince sometime. Going to see him tonight w/ the family, but we'll plan a convergence sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home