punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Jiggitty Jig

We're home again. Miss us?

Well, we missed you, too. Though I am somewhat saddened to learn, upon our return, that the "Yard Church" has now passed out of fashion, and the Catacomb Church is where it's all at. Still, I think it makes a good album title, so I'll probably use it anyway.

For this album. That I'm not recording.

That makes it even hip-er, really.

On our vacation, we caught a lot of fish. If we ever get the pictures, I'll post some here. We also ate a lot of fish, which were tasty. Mmm.

Markus is turning into a rabid fisherman--he and I went out one day and he caught a couple dozen nice fish. Plus he hooked a big one that broke him off. I told him I think it's probably time to upgrade his tackle--if he's going to be out in the boat hooking whales, he'll need the gear to get it done. Emma LOVES fish. To the extent that she wants to hug and kiss them. I don't think most little girls want to hug and kiss fish--at least not once they find out the amount of slime involved--but she seems to be bucking the trend. She spent quite a bit of time one day catching fish out of a bucket with her hands and delivering them to me and dad so we could cut them up. Deb is practicing dressing fish, so she can help clean up Markus' messes. Matthew is tolerating fishing, but that's about it. He's good at it.. caught a couple really nice 15" bass one day.. but just not loving it.

And now we're home, and I'm at work, trying to "catch up." But here's what I think about the new workplace... it doesn't seem to be the kind of place where you can be gone and then catch up. It sort of just has a current. Like a stream. And you can't "catch up" or "get ahead". You just get IN. And then go with the flow. And, since the principal keepers of the flow are currently in a meeting that not even they remembered they were supposed to have.. and since we all spent the first 2hrs of the day scheming up ways to get everybody one of the new iPhones on the day they're released... going with the flow appears to take the form of updating my blog.

I'm done with that now, so I guess I'll bend my brain around a little real work, and see if I can't write something brilliant about something.

Good to be back. I'll try and say something interesting by the end of the week.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 10:55 AM, Blogger crevo said...

How old was Marcus when you were able to enjoy an outing of fishing?

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Pretty young. Probably 4 or 5. The key is the tailor the "outing" to the age of kid. Like, when we went with Emma this week, we caught 2 fish. Spent maybe 30 mins.

Now, when I went w/ Markus this week we spent probably 3hrs.. and coulda gone longer. And that was the best it's been been.

 
At 11:53 AM, Blogger Bill Lewis said...

"For this album. That I'm not recording.

That makes it even hip-er, really."

Wow - that's so hip it could practically guarantee you a spot on the MTV music awards.

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger caparoon said...

It's easily the hippest album that I've not recorded. People are going to freak when they don't hear it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home