punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Saturday, July 08, 2006

Workin' for the weekend

I put in a grueling 3-day week, and headed for the weekend.

After a 3-day week without my right-hand person, spent mostly moving stuff out of my largish office into a small (not "smallish". really very small.) cubicle by the window, and getting everyone else moved into their new digs, I'm feeling pretty decent about work.

Yeah, it's definitely a challenge, and I'm a little wigged out by it, but I think it's gonna be okay. I've really got some good people working for me, and there is a lot of butt to be kicked.
By us. Me and the people.

And if there's one thing I like to be doing, it's kicking a lot of butt. Especially if no one is expecting me to. So that's a good thing. A motivational thing. Which even makes me want to get up early and go to work. So yay for me! Suckers!!

: ]] Okay, okay! I know that was wrong, and I apologize for my bad behavior. You are not suckers. It's still yay for me, but I think we all know I've got plenty of time under my "whyohwhydearLordmustIgetupthismorning?" belt, and I'm sure it'll pop back up before I'm done working. So I'm probably due a little inappropriate celebration. BUT.. let me celebrate my good fortune again, this time without being a jerk...

...

Okay, done. Nothing like a good "Idon'tmindgettingupinthemorning" dance around the living room.

When I arrived... (at the weekend. after a grueling 3-day work week) ...things were pretty decent. We took off Friday evening, ate an unbelievably greasy double-cheese-somethingthatpurportstobeaburger at McD's, and headed out to the campground. My brother-in-law, Kevin, was already out there, with tons of delicious food, some firewood, and two tents already set up.

We spent Friday night at the campground, and everybody pretty much had a good time. It wasn't even too bad having all those kids around! They had a lot of fun, and didn't even require us to take them to the emergency room. Which frankly, I had sort of secretly suspected they would. We ate great food, had a nice fire, played games, and enjoyed some good conversation and time together.

After turning in for the night, we listened to the 'coons rifle through the garbage, drifted off to sleep, and got up bright and early for a delicious egg & taters breakfast! Lunch and other frivolities followed. Including eucher (sp?). Which I enjoyed, despite not having a clue what I was doing. The whole thing broke up around 3, and we headed back for the homestead. And now here we are, eating cereal, getting clean, and preparing for some rest.

Oh. And our air conditioner is (still) broken. : (

But the weather is delightful! Yay for me!

-j

6 Comments:

At 5:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What about church?

Funny, you didn't mention going to church.

You know, they have those little inter-denominational campground church services. You could have gone to one of those. It's still not right, because it's inter-denominational, but at least it's church.

What's missing in ch__rch? U-R.

You didn't mention church. What about church.

Brant

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger caparoon said...

haha You are right! I didn't mention church.

But then again, I went camping on friday night.. and now it's saturday. So.. I'm like.. going to church tomorrow or something..?

"what's missing in ch_rch? U-R.".. that is *priceless*, man.

When we come to Florida, we'll go camping with you. And we'll have church all on our own! Unsanctioned, Baby! Yeah!

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger caparoon said...

And also, thank you for commenting on this blog, and bringing a little life to it, as it was unquestionably lame.

Very, very sad blogging. Truly.

 
At 10:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"lame"? I'll show YOU lame, my friend: www.xanga.com/branthansen

I'll see your "lame" and raise you "xanga lame".

Please camp here. You are always welcome.
This is not a blanket invite; absolutely none of your readers are welcome. I don't want readers of this blog visiting me.

Just you. And Deb, and any two (2) of your kids. You choose.

Brant

 
At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are entirely too happy about your job. what have you done with the john caparoon i used to know!

mac

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Hey! Nice to see you outside the office, checking blogs or whatever..

Yeah, I know. I mean.. it's still what it is. But at least I'm getting to *do* something. That helps. And I get to manage people--which I didn't know that I wanted to do, but I seem to be pretty OK at it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home