punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Sunday, October 01, 2006

'AVE YOU BEEN SHOPPING!!??

Deb and I got to go shopping this weekend.

We were supposed to be going out on a date and getting some alone time. But then it turned out that neither of us had a decent pair of pants, and the shirt-pool was also getting a little shallow. We were going to try to combine the dating and the shopping.. and we kind of did (in that it was very enjoyable to just go and shop and never once say, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING GET THAT OUT OF YOUR MOUTH!!!" or anything like it even once).. but what we found out was that 3hrs isn't long enough for both of us to shop for clothes and also have a nice relaxed dinner where we talk about where we see ourselves 5 years from now or something. So.. we came away with our sanity, takeout chinese, and pants. Which really still isn't a bad day in anybody's book, I think.

I would also like to note here that, finally.. looking like crap has come back into fashion. It has been a long time coming.. and I have dutifully worn this style for the last 20-ish years, waiting for this day. Now my dilligence is rewarded. Once again, people are paying $70 for a perfectly good pair of jeans that someone has torn the knee out of with a rusty chunk of angle iron. What bliss.. : ]

Of course, I'm not paying $70! No way! I customize my jeans the old fashioned way. I go rabbit hunting in them. Ten acres of waist-high multiflora rose may not be much in the way of pasture ground, but it'll "distress" your jeans for you (as well as your thighs)--and how!

2 Comments:

At 8:29 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We've tried this, this shopping-date concept. It *should* be fun, but something...comes over me...about 20 minutes into it. I almost lose consciousness.

It's like I'm fine, walking around wherever, then a silent bell goes off. Suddenly dreadfully parched, so tired I can't stand up...it just hits me. Must...get...out...

Shopping for pants is the worst. Hence, I'm currently wearing a pair of pants given me in Sumatra by a guy named Rowdy.

I say this because it's cool -- they were free - and also because that's one of those sentences I think no one, in human history, has ever said before.

Brant

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

No, it *shouldn't* be fun. I was deeply un-enthused by the whole concept, because, as you say, shopping is, for us, usually a pretty unpleasant experience.

But we desperately needed a) time alone, and b) pants. So.. you work w/ what you've got, y'know?

"I'm currently wearing a pair of pants given me in Sumatra by a guy named Rowdy."

.. this should be adorning the top of a blog somewhere. Possibly replacing something about funnel cakes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home