punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A positive experience

I'm surfacing for the first time in weeks, with an observation.

We, speakers of the English language, don't have many ways to express the idea of "experience" in the positive sense.

You can "experience" something.. which is kind of neutral. Or you can "enjoy" something.. but "enjoy" is not as rich as "experience." And that's about it.

On the other hand, you can:
Endure
Go through
Live through
Stomach
Suffer
Tolerate
Survive
Undergo
Bear
Weather
Withstand

I would go on, but it's a really long list.

I'm not sure if this says something important about life, or about us. Philosophers and scholars could probably debate that for hours. But my hunch is that the only people with real insight are those who have had wedding photos taken.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 8:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good point. I'm coming up short, too.

I think it means something, too.

Brant

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

How about my previous post? Do you think that means something, too.. like, on both a personal and cosmic scale?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home