punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Saturday, February 09, 2008

things i like

Today I went and worked a paint job with my friend Dan and his dad. Here are some things that it occurred to me I like about my current circumstances.

~ I like all the days being the same. Weekdays. Weekends. Doesn't matter to me. The only thing that changes is whether or not the kids are home from school.

~ I like boiling water to make coffee in the morning. I like drinking it from a travel mug. While wearing my work coat. In the cold clunkiness of my car on the way to a job.

~ I like missing my little studio, and my writing, and learning about stuff. Even though it hurts my brain.

~ I like setting a goal for the day and meeting it.

~ I like Dan. (And his dad.) It's been a long time since I've gotten to work with him, and I've really missed it.

~ I like coming home. And being home.

Unemployment (or self employment) is a lot of hard work. And it generally doesn't pay very well. But it did today. Here's to more of the same.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home