punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

throatless

In my little circle of blogging friends, it seems no one is doing much new blogging these days. So I'm breakin' tha mold, Yo!

Also, I can point you to a blog by Aaron Sands (www.aaronsands.com) that I just found out about. Aaron is an all-around great guy, and once did me the favor of pretending to be in a band with me.

I just want to share a recent dinner-table conversation between me and Markus.

Markus: Hey Dad, I just realized something.

Me: oh?

Markus: If you didn't have a throat...

Me: yes?

Markus: You couldn't hum.

Me: Yes. That is truer than you know.

The End.

2 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eventually, everyone will have been in a band with John Caparoon.

I still try to play your songs you wrote when we were doing "Mudville 9". Why do you write songs in such high keys? Stop it.

Brant

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Yeah, it's my own little Kevin Bacon kinda thing.

One rule: All of the bands can only have played one official gig.

I'm glad you still try to play the songs--it speaks well of them. I can't help the high thing. I just kind of tend to blast it out up there... I am trying to drink a lot of strong coffee, get no exercise, and generally age poorly, though. So by the next time you move to Illinois and ask me to be in a band, my range should be a lot less impressive.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home