punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Monday, February 06, 2006

mmm... cof-fee...


Everybody congratulate me. I just had my first cup of coffee (or any caffeinated beverage, for that matter) in FIVE WEEKS.

It's good. It's nice. And best of all, now I don't want anymore. I had coffee, first thing in the morning, like a normal person, and now I'm going to go on about my day and not have any more.

Then, tonight, I will be able to go to sleep and dream peaceful dreams and get a good rest.

Unlike last night, where, after five weeks of freedom from caffein, I had frustrating and terrifying dreams of being stuck in a car with brakes that would not work no matter how hard I tried to push on them. : p

8 Comments:

At 10:04 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

I can't please all the people all the time, Greg!

And I'm decidedly un-addicted. Planning on not getting back that way, either. Too stressing.. too controlling.

Hard, when I've got enablers like you out there.. ; ] ... but I'm gonna do my best to stay clean.

Tomorrow, for instance, I'm planning to not-have coffee.

Also, that cup really put the boost in me this morning! It's amazing how effective caffein is when you don't abuse it.

 
At 1:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire your ability to pull this off. (Were I not an introvert hosting a top-40-type morning show, I'd try to follow your example.)

I'm wondering, though, why you went back to it...? I'd be afraid of falling into the old dependence.

Brant

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger caparoon said...

I am afraid of falling back into the old dependence. But I'm a pretty firm believer in "all things in moderation."

And none-at-all is not "moderation."

Plus, I loove coffee. : ]

So, I am just trying to do it correctly--with discipline.

As opposed to the old Christian standby of branding a thing as "bad" and then having nothing to do with it.

I'm giving maturity a shot. I know.. how unlike me..

 
At 7:55 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

I'm trying not to be all evangelical about it, Greg... must... resist... trying.. to.. help.. Greg.. feelbetter..!! UUNGHH!!

Makes a difference. That's all I'm sayin'.

Huge.. huge.. difference.

okbyenow

 
At 5:29 AM, Blogger mr_eric said...

is this what all of those 'doom and gloom' posts were about. withdrawl?!? Bwahahaha.....

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Eric,

Nah, I'm like that all the time! If you don't like that kind of thing, you're probably in for a rough ride w/ this blog.

Doing life, church.. everything, really.. a new way is something that I'm pretty serious about. I'm constantly holding the concepts of Self, God, and World up to the light and trying to make them 'click' together in a more pleasing fashion.

I just intersperse those articles with ones about amp tubes and soaking up pee with your socks so as to provide a little levity. ; ]

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger mr_eric said...

wow! good luck with all of that. My attemts to do that (holding the concepts of Self, God, and World up to the light and trying to make them 'click' together in a more pleasing fashion) have produced disasterous results.

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Really? I thought that's what you were doing right now. : ]

Care to give me any insight on why/how the results have been disastrous? Help a brother out.. keep me from falling into the same pits.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home