punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Thursday, January 12, 2006

reverse that

oh these odd years when reviewed i constantly find
hey when i'm reaching for the light darkness is not far behind
you might think i've learned a thing or two about playing it cool
well you might think that that is so ah but no no the opposite's true

you might think in the storm we've discovered the eye of the calm
but i've yet to find a way to dodge all these sweaty little palms
yeah you might think we've made some enemies but i just can't i recall who
you might think it keeps us up at night but no no the opposite's true

are there any words of wisdom i've picked up along the way
why yes death usually comes dressed up in her finery and lace
hey hasn't everyone in these bars been crying inside their whole life through
well you might think we cease to hear it ah but no no the opposite's true

kings and queens are bankrupt here at the mouth of the nile
they say the pyramids they're all looted pharaoh won't be back for a while
crocodiles are hungry see them polish their top ends with care
i used to understand their language but now i'm just unaware

used to install fire alarms before i ever started to sing
after all these years i find i've been doing the same thing
hey everyone stop check your pulse never mind it's code blue
well you might think to call the doctor but no no the opposite's true

~~Bill Mallonee, Vigilantes of Love "To the roof of the sky"


Well, I'm off for a long weekend tomorrow. I took a vacation day. We are taking the kids to my inlaws and then heading off to the WRCC worship ministry retreat. I'm not sure what all is planned, but it's generally a good time of hanging out with musically-minded folks and, as important, alone with my wife. ("alone" being defined as "without kids")

I didn't want to leave you all without something for these 3 long days, though, so I came up with the following:

I was in a rock and roll band in Nashville in the early to mid-90's.

Contrary to the addage... we weren't country when country was cool.

I'm just sayin'.

Have a nice weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home