punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Sunday, February 26, 2006

sick again



I've been sick again. This makes twice in 2006. Not an excellent track record.


Since Tuesday morning, I've been suffering from what is commonly refered to as "the flu"--also know as "the Bird Flu," "the West Nile Virus," or "the Leaking Brain Death-Fog" (my own term).

I think it actually started out as some variant of West Nile, because my brain did that thing where it swells inside the skull until it throttles you out of consciousness. And then sometime in the early hours of Thursday morning it released its grip on me and left me with just the plain ol' Bird Flu. I'm pretty sure it was the Bird Flu, because I've seen a lot of dying waterfowl, and how they generally look is how I felt.

I've never had the real flu before--the one with the aches and fevers. They say it lasts 7 - 10 days. I never believed them until now.

Anyway, I'm on the mend. Please join me in praying that I've managed to successfully quarantine myself (by staying in bed almost 100% of the time between Tuesday and Saturday) from Deb and the kids. As we all know, my family can survive a week where my only contribution is phlegm, but if Deb is out of commission I'll have to hire Sally Struthers for a "won't you please support those less fortunate"-style telethon.

In other news.. why does everyone in this picture look so happy?

Disturbing.

3 Comments:

At 6:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need to stop reading your blog. I've been sick for 3 weeks now.
(I'm actually going to the doctor today.)

your fellow plague victim,
CS

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Love to. But I gotta work today. : }

 
At 7:21 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

That's how sick I am! I can even infect people online.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home