punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Monday, May 01, 2006

Free coffee, hang time, other beverages "real nice."


Newsdate Monday, May 1 ("May Day"), 2006:
-----------------------------------------
Says singer/songwriter John Caparoon of the "Youth Ministry Volunteer Appreciation Night" at the Windsor Road Espresso Royale, "Well, it was a nice party. And [my wife] Deb and I really had a good time. Got to hang out ... and talk to each other in an adult setting!. It was real nice."

Sources indicated that the local kid did a "great job" and "won over the crowd." Event organizer Greg Hunt commented, "[He] really ought to do that more often. ...everyone loved [him]." Even the understandably jaded employees reportedly found the set enjoyable.

Ironically, Caparoon entered his set tentatively. "I was afraid to sing at first. I held back until [Greg] prompted me, and it got more hoppin' in there. I was afraid that I would bring things to a dead halt, and it seemed like ... a nice conversation filled room. Didn't want to kill that."

"I will subdue you all with my screaming vocals! Ho ho!" the singer did not say.

Despite the slow start, things soon warmed up nicely. Caparoon stretched out with a one-man acoustic rendition of the Britney Spears classic, "Hit Me Baby One More Time," and was joined, impromptue, by an audience member who contributed both backing vocals and interpretive dance. He later commented, "When that didn't shut things down, I pretty much knew I could do whatever I wanted. ...I could just blast away at it."

###
--------------------------------------------

Seriously, it was a really good time and I'm glad I did it, and I'm really glad Greg asked me to. Thanks, everybody, for asking about it.

3 Comments:

At 6:25 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Hey, if you couldn't hear me Sunday night, I don't think it's possible. That's as loud as I can sing.

; ]

 
At 2:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish I were there.

...and that I could be whisked back here instantly following the event. But I wish I were there.

Thanks for teaching me "Hit Me, Baby..." I continue to amaze and impress unsuspecting South Floridians with it.

By the way, THANK YOU for the "wak'n bacon" clock-thing. I needed some showprep for tomorrow. I'm not kidding.

More importantly: Sorry to hear about your grandma.

Best,
Brant

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Thanks, Brant.

You should know that, of course, the Wak'n Bacon came from Dave. As do all good internet links, generally..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home