punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Just in time for Good Friday...

...we bring you, "Ask [This] Atheist"! With your host, Dave Lartigue!

Now, before anyone gets bent out of shape, I am not making light of atheism. Nor is Dave making light of theism.

If you'll go to his page, linked above, you'll see that all he's trying to do is say, "Hey! Just because you've been told that this is what 'THEY' atheists think about everything, that doesn't necessarily make it so. Try asking one." And he is graciously offering himself up as a guinea-atheist.

This is no different than me asking Dave, or any other atheist or non-christian, to kindly check their preconceptions at the door when we start discussion what "you christians" believe.

Understanding the beliefs of the individual is paramount. As much as some college profs, preachers, political leaders, etc.. would like us to think that "THEY" think thus-and-such... thereby easily dividing us into waring factions instead of fellow creatures... that's just not how it works. There is no "they"--there is only us.

If, not knowing Dave, you feel more comfortable discussing any of the things on his blog on my blog, instead, let's go for it. I would happily have this blogspace be commandeered for use as a link between the ether- and netherworlds.

(I'm sure that'll earn me some lovely google hits...)

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle."

2 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

In case anyone is curious, the answers are now up:

http://slithytoves.sytes.net/~dave/wordpress/?p=1340

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

No one is curious. Everyone stinks.

(whoops! was that out loud..?)

Thanks, man. I will pop this to the top.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home