punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Friday, March 17, 2006

Snakes in the Playground

Mark sent me a sampler disk of old Christian metal bands.

All the regulars from back in the day are there... Shout, Ken Tamplin, Ken Tamplin in other bands, other bands that Ken Tamplin produced so they sound exactly like Ken Tamplin/Shout..

Bloodgood, Whitecross, Deliverance, Sacred Warrior, X-Sinner, Stryper.. (hey! what are they doing in there!?)..

But the hands down winner of this past-life musical romp? Bride.

Oh yeah, Baby.. Bride's still got it going on!

Their contribution is "Psychadelic Super Jesus" from the Snakes in the Playground album. And it flat-out SMOKES. If I were riding along today, listening to the radio, and this song came on--as a new release--I would crank it up, jam it out, and then call the radio station to ask them to play it again.. tell me who it was.. and tell me where they lived so that I could have a pizza delivered to them.

Woot!

Speaking of Bride... Troy Thompson, the guitar player, used to play an orange Gretch through a Mesa stack.

I have an orange guitar... : ]]

Scott has a Mesa.

hehehe..

The guitar, blessedly, is back from the shop. And it, like Bride, SMOKES. mmm.. smo-ky...

The tube situation got worse. Turned out I had TWO baddies.. but the continuingly awesome Bob at Eurotubes is sending me two replacement tubes.

We are going to rock this town. We are going to rock it inside out.

Oh yeah.

6 Comments:

At 12:51 PM, Blogger mr_eric said...

don't remember "snakes in the playground", yet i know i had that album....will have to see if i can find an internet sample.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger caparoon said...

It's like G-n-R's "appetite for destruction"--except turned up to eleven.

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger caparoon said...

and.. you know... about Jesus and stuff..

 
At 12:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Check out "Thunder in the City", which Bride quizzically pronounced "Thunder in the Sit-eye".

It blows the doors off of other songs that are like that song but not as good as...it.

BTW, this week, I was officially the first official person to download The Altar Boys at iTunes. The first.

Brant

 
At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As I'm reading along in your blog, I come to the reference to "Bride". I smile, go to the stack o' cd's and pull out my copies of Bride and Guardian and One Bad Pig. Now I sit here and smile, listening to the mid 90's all over again. Thanks John

 
At 7:46 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

hahah.. hey doug!

Yeah, I'm doing the same thing. Some scary, scary stuff in here..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home