punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Thursday, March 09, 2006

"In your ear" (a performance strategy)*

Prelude:

Go on and take a minute
and get yourself a beer.
You're probably gonna need it
now that I'm sittin' up here.

There's nothin' wrong with liquor
& you just might need some cheer.
If nothing else, to drown my singin'
you can pour it in your ear!

(drawl to taste. repeat until appropriately soused.)

(perform song or songs, preferably well done.)


Postlude:

Go on and take a minute;
get yourself another beer.
Maybe you still think you need it
even though I'm done up here.

And if you still don't like my singin'
when you've finished off that glass,
I'd like to recommend you kindly
stick.. it.. in.. your..
...e-EARrr!

* This strategy not recommended in venues with chicken wire.

2 Comments:

At 6:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm surprised Brad Paisley didn't come up with that one.

 
At 7:18 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

For the right amount of money, I'd be happy to say he did.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home