punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

THE NATURE OF THE KINGDOM MESSAGE

Holy Cow! Thanks, Brant, for this... "The Gospel is not an invitation to 'invite Christ into your heart,'..."

I think it wouldn't come as a shock to anyone to find out that me and the Southern Baptist Convention aren't usually reading from the same play-book... but maybe this articles indicates that we just aren't usually reading it the same way... 'cause this is definitely coming from the same book I'm reading.

Revival anyone..?

1 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I went to grad school basically across the street from Criswell (Yes, I'll admit it. I'm a DTS grad.) However, it seems like the message of gospel is being reclaimed. As (I think) McLaren put it, "The point of gospel is not about where you go when you die. It is about participating in God's act of reclaiming the world through Jesus Christ."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home