punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Saturday, March 24, 2007

copywriter: update/general: update

Soo.. my last official day at the current job is April 4.

Things this week at work have been really good. Thurs/Fri were very productive, and me and Amy got to hang out a lot. I'm really interested to see how things progress this next week and a half. I am starting to get pretty excited about the new gig ("smoke on the water" keeps playing in my head.. ), but I also still care about the old one, and am really eager to get some things nailed down/wrapped up.

I'm still freaking out, occasionally, but all in all..

We haven't figured out our insurance yet, but we're going to. Hopefully this next week. With Deb in school full-time and me in job-shift mode + playing-music mode, we don't have a lot of creative mental headroom left floating around... but we'll get it done! Glass-half-empty: Our insurance costs for the year will probably double.. or slightly more. Deb's RA is generally considered a pre-existing/non-insurable condition. Glass-as-it-actually-is: There are ways to deal w/ the pre-existing condition thing. We already know where most of that money is coming from.. and even if we didn't it would totally be worth it. : D

Took the little princess to dance class this morning. Pretty cool deal. Dinner w/ the Henrys this evening (plus Byron is coming and we're going to turn it into a hootenanny), also cool deal.

Now, to turn this avacado into something i can eat on chips...

Labels:

4 Comments:

At 8:29 PM, Blogger byronfrombyron said...

John,

Do you know if your new job will have a flexpay plan? That might be something to look into; pretax money is generally a better option.
Remember: the glass isn't half full or empty, it's just too big.

 
At 6:02 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

I thought it was slightly cracked. Maybe it's a combo.. slightly cracked but too big. : ]]

And no, no flex. But that's cool. I would take this job if there were a contractual requirement for an annual body piercing.

 
At 10:49 PM, Blogger byronfrombyron said...

Oh, come on, you know the body piercing requirement just entices you more

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger crevo said...

I'm sorry, I must have missed this. Are you getting a new job? Where?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home