punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Making pearls

There are two ways to make a pearl.

The first one happens when an oyster gets something irritating up inside its shell. And it rubs and rubs, and eventually it forms hard layers of coating, and out of what was painful and broken and scarring comes something valuable. Priceless.

The second way pearls are made is when people plant a "seed" inside an oyster's shell. A little chunk of mother-of-pearl. Clamshell. Not really pearl, but not really an offensive material, either. And it rubs and rubs. And forms its coating. And then it is harvested and sold.

Both are pearls. And the second is generally prettier than the first.

But I still like the first better.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know why there are no comments on your last 3 posts. I think they are wonderful! Of course, I am your mother.
Love ya,
Mom

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Thanks mom. : ]

Okay, everybody! You heard my mom.. let the floodgates of commenting be opened!


{chiiirp... chiiirp...}


Actually, if you want to read a LOT of comments, you can check out the comments section of this post...

http://punchworthy.blogspot.com
/2007/08/something-by-somebody-else
.html

(i broke it up because blogger seems to lose part of the urls when you post them in the comments)

...where Chuck and I, unbeknownst to the rest of the world, are having a really really long and rambling discussion about marriage, service, and the nature of grace.

 
At 6:44 AM, Blogger Charles Schultz said...

Does that mean I have to keep commenting on that thread? *grin*

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Comment wherever you like, man. : ]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home