punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Monday, November 12, 2007

They get that from me

I'm often amazed how my kids can know almost literally nothing and yet go on and on about it. Endless pontification based in ignorance.

But then it occurs to me that pretty much anything they do they had to learn from someone.

Anywho... here's something interesting!

It's about giving away super cool laptop computers to poor kids all over the world. And to yourself at the same time.

On one hand, it is totally lampoon-able. Because.. I mean.. "Hey destitute kid! Have a laptop!"

But on the other, much less cynical hand, it's pretty cool. Don't be a hater--if it's that cool it must be somehow worthwhile!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The XO is awesome--it was actually designed just for this purpose. But the BOGO marketing was sort of implemented as an afterthought, because (surprise!) they couldn't figure out how to get anyone to pay just to donate them. And then they realized, "Hey, this is America! If people are actually getting something for *themselves*......" Harnessing the power of selfishness for good. (Has Bono heard about this?)

 
At 12:05 PM, Blogger caparoon said...

Hey, whatever works! : ]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home