punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Going off the Depp end

I firmly believe that Jack White (of White Stripes/Rancontuers fame) is headed for a mental breakdown. Or another mental breakdown. Whatever.

I don't honestly know a lot about him, and, though I really like all the music that I've heard from him, I haven't bothered to follow him closely. Lord knows I don't need to--if you're even remotely involved/interested in indie rock music, everyone else is tailgating him so hard that you're bound to stumble over a White-induced rear-ender during every other morning commute.

But even to a casual observer like me, he's obviously getting twitchier all the time.

In my brain... where there's lots of room for this type of thought-train to wind around through the breezy mountain passes... he bears a strong resemblance to another brilliant, twitchy favorite: Mr. Johnny Depp.

Depp, strangely (there's an unnecessary word pairing for you), while known almost as much for his idiosyncratic edgyness as his brilliant work, seems to be doing a supremely good job of not going wheels-off-the-track on everyone, all the time.

Which makes me think that maybe, despite my dire prediction, there's hope for Mr. White. I think... that his salvation may be found in Mr. Depp.

I suggest they go bowling. And have a nice long chat.

Also, I would like the film rights to that encounter.

Thank you and goodnight.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home