punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Weird

Weird.

It's what things are right now.

Weird. I have a kid who starts driver's ed next year.

Weird. I have two other kids who are also not-small.

Weird. I apparently now only visit my own blog roughly once every 12 months.

Weird. Deb and I have been married for 17 years.

Weird. I'm 38.

Weird. I finally have a band, and perform regularly.

Weird. I've become fully self-employed, primarily as a writer, busy working--often day and night.

Weird. I do more and think less.

Weird. I've come to care more about what I'm doing, and less about how I look doing it.

Weird. Just as I'm realizing who I might be, I'm realizing how little time I have left to be.

I am more on track now, and more lost, than I have ever been.

Weird. Is how "weird" sounds if you say it over and over.

But that's what it is. For the moment.

Hope to catch you again soon, non-existant blog and audience! Punchworthy 2012! We can do it!

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 7:52 PM, Anonymous Jonathan Bartlett said...

John -

Understand entirely. I have felt the same way recently, though none of my kids can drive yet. I still remember you giving us great quotes from your children when they were little! But unfortunately I don't remember what any of the quotes were.

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Dave Lartigue said...

I'm still here!

 
At 5:45 AM, Blogger Dave Lartigue said...

I'm still here!

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Hi Jon! Good to see you here every year on my blogiversary.

Dave, that was going to be the name of my next post. But, since you spoiled it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home