punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Friday, November 04, 2005

peaks and valleys

"Let your attributes be such that your inadequacies are easily forgiven."

I am a man of peaks and valleys.

At the peaks, I rock. Wildly exceeding the greatest imaginable expectations! In the valleys..

big. lump.

But that's how it is. It's not consistent, but I try and make it work. I have long since given up on the idea of leveling it out into a flat plain.

If I did manage to get it leveled out, it'd all be about 6 feet below sea level, anyway, and nobody wants that. I'd rather just get my feet wet occassionally.

No, my life goal is "More peaks than valleys!" To ever increase the ratio of peak to valley.

As I age, I'm sure that something like erosion will take place, and the peaks will wear down a bit and the valleys will fill in. And I hope, sometime before I die, to just be sitting calmly, about 3/4 of the way up a fairly tall-ish hill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home