punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Friday, May 05, 2006

My grandma, and a poem

My mom called this morning to say that my Grandma Caparoon passed away at 10pm last night. She was a good, slightly crazy, woman, and we will all miss her.

But, the time had come, and we were all fine with it, including her. She passed easily in her sleep, the way we would all like to, and I'm sure that my grandfather and Jesus will both be happy to see her.

It's been a rough few last months for Grandma, as she lost the ability to walk, developed pneumonia, had what appeared to be a series of small strokes, heart failure, etc... I am glad that she didn't have to spend years of her life fighting something, and that her interesting journey through this terestrial world has come to a peaceful end.

And now, an unrelated poem by Markus. Seems somehow appropriate, though, as I guess almost all poetry does on such occassions.

Waiting for Night (a fish poem, by Markus)

Swim swim quickley hide
I am waiting for night
Peek peek from the rock
Hyoo!
It's quiet
I am waiting for night

Nice job, Markus! (he got special recognition for this at school) His teacher said he just stood in front of their fish tank--staring at the fish and jotting notes. Says Markus, "I didn't know I had that in me, Mom!!" We all knew there was something in there, Markus... (though I had always assumed it was potatoes..) Good one, fella.

3 Comments:

At 7:33 PM, Blogger Sheldorama said...

Sorry about your grandma.

Tell Markus I said, "Way to go... way to go."

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger MomJess said...

I was very sorry to hear about your Grandma. I am glad that I finally got to meet you though.

 
At 9:00 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Thanks, Jess. It was good to finally meet you guys, too. We're going to have to all get together sometime. We'll figure it out.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home