punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Tuesday, August 29, 2006

The steel fist of ROCK! Yeah Baby! Yeah!


We are getting ready to rock Robinson.

I don't know for sure about Bill... or the other guys, who's names I don't even know. I know there is a "Boyd" involved. Possibly a "Woody" ..though I make no promises. Dang, though... if I've got a band comprised of "Woody, Boyd, and Bill" how could it not rock!? I mean, that just sounds like rock! (or perhaps some kind of cowboy posse) but anyway, tough luck, third guy who's name I don't know! From here on out, you're "Woody"!

I don't know for sure about Bill... or Woody, or Boyd... but I, anyway, at least, am getting ready to rock.

I have been blasting it out in the bat cave. Big Orange is fueled up and ready to spit it out.. The Delta is full of glowing tubes. Growling overdrive, the rich whining of hollow-bodied feedback, and sparkling 2x10 jangle pour from behind the black tweed grill in a thick, melty stream... oh yeah, Baby..

Oh. Yeah.

I'm sayin'.

Even the vocals sound like I might know what I'm doing. The chops appear to be coming up to speed nicely. Let's not go all "American Idol" with it, shall we? Let's sing like somebody who's sung a couple times before. (even if not really for the last..uh.. decade?)

Share in my joy, people. Share in my joy! And my sincere hope that I don't suck it up. Big time.

: ]

8 Comments:

At 5:48 AM, Blogger mr_eric said...

kewl. when and where?

 
At 6:13 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Robinson, IL. Which is about 2.5hrs south of here. On Sept 9.

Bill is having a "thing in the park" for his church. All day music, free food, games..

 
At 6:34 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Then let's hope that what you hear from the basement isn't somehow being turned into a better thing than it is by its cinder-block filtering.

Thanks Baby. ; ]

 
At 8:17 AM, Blogger Bill Lewis said...

I'll let Don know that his stage name will be Woody. (He's a 50-something high school art teacher, but he for sure ROCKS.)

BTW - I think the stage we're playing on is actually made from cinder blocks, if that bolsters your confidence further.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

He may be Don for the kids.. but he'll always be Woody to me.

Ex-cellent.. it's like I've got a scientifically designed training facility..

Grass or turf? I need to work on some choreography.. wouldn't want to blow a knee because I was wearing the long cleats!

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Bill Lewis said...

Grass or turf?

CINDERBLOCKS!

(Painted maroon, I believe.)

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

ah.. painted cinderblocks.. a whole new surface.. somewhat like clay, I would guess. I'll have to go w/ no cleats at all, then. And play closer to the baseline.

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger caparoon said...

Don't get me wrong.. we are going to ROCK..

But I still don't think they'd be able to hear us in Robinson, IL if we were doing it in El Paso.

*maybe* though..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home