punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

apple of golgotha

I would like to put out an album called, "Apple of Golgotha".

It's perfect. It means both nothing at all and everything at once.

In a similar vein of genius, Dad thinks I should release a Thanksgiving album. No one else is doing it--everybody puts out Christmas albums, sure.. "holiday" albums, even.. but ain't nobody puttin' out a Thanksgiving album.

I could totally dominate.

"Best selling Thanksgiving album of all time!" my press would read, and it'd be true. Sure, we'd only sell 8 copies, but nobody else would even bother to show up and try, so we would deserve the title!

Using my marketing knowledge, I could also set up google keywords, so that every time somebody googled for "how to bake a turkey", I'd pop up at the top of their list.

So.. Look for "Apple of Golgotha" from Me. Release date Thanksgiving, 2007. Expected to be the highest grossing Thanksgiving-specific album of all time!

Word's out on the street..

7 Comments:

At 6:26 AM, Blogger Bill Lewis said...

Gee - I really think "Apple of Golgotha" would be a better title for an Easter release... purely from a marketing perspective.

For Thanksgiving, how about "A Veritable Cornucopia" or "Hot Plymouth Nights" - or maybe "...with all the Trimmings."

 
At 6:30 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Dude, you just don't understand my *vision*, man..

But don't feel bad. We seasonal artists have come to expect this kind of thing.

 
At 8:36 AM, Blogger Bill Lewis said...

Come on man, who could pass up an album called "John Caparoon...with all the Trimmings."

I can see it now - if you could find a musical family named the Trimmings to accompany you, it'd have a ready-made market share in every church that still has a Homecoming Sunday.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

hahaha... Okay, on your first point, that just sounds kind of gross.

But the second one.. I could actually see that happening.

 
At 9:51 AM, Blogger Bill Lewis said...

Now your seeing my vision...

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

mhm. I'm with you.

By the way.. what's the difference, technically, between a "vision" and "night terrors"..?

Just curious. No reason.

 
At 10:11 AM, Blogger Josh said...

Meet Mrs. Trimming.

http://www.davis.k12.ut.us/staff/ntrimming/me.html

 

Post a Comment

<< Home