punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Monday, November 13, 2006

Master of the House

Markus. On the recent letter from our sponsored child being to me, instead of everyone else...

Markus: If it's to everyone, why did he say just you?
Me: Because I'm the head of the household.
Markus: {puzzled} You're the head of the household..?
Me: Yeah.
Markus: I thought Mom was head of the household. She's here the most...
Me: No, I am. It's not who's here the most.
Markus: Why are you the head of the household?
Me: Because I'm the husband and the father.
Markus: {incredulous} Is that all it takes!?
Me: What do you mean, "Is that all it takes"!? I'm the husband and father!
Markus: I just.. I thought you had to have some kind of qualifications or something...
Me: Hey..! I've got qualifications... punk!
Markus: hee hee hee...

4 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Yeah. It's nice to start seeing fruit from all these seeds of weirdness I've been planting.

Last night I told them all we were going to Pluto for scouts, because, since it's downgrade from planet status, their calendar has really cleared up and they are offering terrific rates.

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger mr_eric said...

LOL. good one.

sounds familiar. substitute 'stepfather' for 'father' and you'll get a taste of what's going on in aurora.

it's neverending

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger Bill Lewis said...

I can envision you wandering through your environs proclaiming "I'm the pater familias!" to everyone/noone...

 
At 10:17 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Can you also envision me learning a foreign language?

If so, I have the name of at least one very frustrated language instructor who can set you straight. : ]

 

Post a Comment

<< Home