punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Saturday, October 28, 2006

What it is that is going on.. Yo..

Biggest news in my life right now is that Dave is in town! (Hurray, Dave!)

I don't know if that being the biggest news in my life should make me feel sad or Dave feel awesome. I'm thinking some of both.

We (Me, Deb, Amy & Kenny, Dave, and Dave & Vicky Theil) went out last night for a lovely dinner at Dos Reales. Within the first 5 minutes, Dave loudly announced to all of us that, as a legal male resident of the state of Massachusetts, he has been required to have his marriage to Becky annulled, and that he is now married to a gay illegal immigrant assigned to him by the government.

We were shocked. In the back, gay waiters spat busily.

In other news.. (I know, everyone is begging for other news. Any other news.) ..I'm playing the open mic at the Potbelly again this weekend. Partially because Dave requested it, and partially because it's been weeks and weeks since I've played, and I'm getting dangerously close to falling off the edge of the musical map that exists only in my mind. ("there be monsters") So if anyone's in C/U at 6 tomorrow night and wants to see me ascend into the ductwork, that's where I'll be.

Mmm.. other other news... I read Andrew Osenga's bio, and was so struck by some of the points of similarity that I sent him a little email. He did not respond. I can only assume this is because he's one of those self-absorbed musical wannabes who thinks he's too good for everyone else. (the spooky parallels just keep on comin'...)

Deb is nearing the end of her current batch of classes (one will be done later this week). Yay! (and yes, my prediction that she would do great is being proven correct)

Oh! After our dinner at Dos, Deb & I got to go hang out with Henrys, who were nice enough to watch our kids for an hour or so. We stayed entirely too late (sorry Henrys), but really enjoyed the time. It is good to have friends and talk. Friends, good. Talking. Good. Coffee. mmm...

Josh and I were actually planning a weekend hunting trip, but it looks like that's gonna fall through. Very sad. I will still be going to hang with Dad and hunt some ducks on Veterans' Day weekend, though. (it's what the veterans would've wanted) (the ducks, not so much) For any of you who are feeling sorry for the ducks, don't. For starters, I'm not all that dangerous (Dad is a whole different story). Beyond that, any game that I am so privileged to harvest will be treated (and eaten) with the utmost respect. Also.. it's possible that those ducks have got it comin'. You don't know! You don't know what they're up to when we're not around! "Integrity" is who the ducks are when nobody's looking..

Brant afforded me the opportunity to say, "Accordianing is the rugby sport of rock and roll."

Markus quote of the day, "I don't need to clear my mind.. I've got nothing to clear it from!"

I'm sure there are other things... I know there are... but if you've hung with me through this much of the tedium, you deserve the reward of being set free now. Thanks to all of you who are involved in our lives. You who we are praying for and with, you who give us chances to minister, and who minister to us (you probably do, even if you don't know it). Thanks, friends, for giving us someone to share life with, and thanks, enemies, for giving us and our friends someone to complain about when you're not around. Hope you all enjoyed being updated. I, at least, feel better that the blog isn't a week old. Now I've gotta go spray paint a lightsaber.

2 Comments:

At 7:12 PM, Blogger Steph H. said...

no need to go apologizing to us henry's . . . late hours make for the best stories

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger caparoon said...

ah, so *that's* your plan... keep us out late, plying us with friendliness and apple crisp until we lose our inhibitions and do something goofy!

We're on to you, lady...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home