punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Half-past a quarter till is a quarter after

More perfect logic from The Markus Files...

Homework paper from today.

I absolutely cracked up when I saw this. I'm really sorry he got his answers marked wrong. (The better handwriting is his teacher's) Because, you've got to admit, they are completely logical.

Just.. not a match! The board goes back.

Markus also points out that Betty either has to be Mr. Horlik's wife or not. How can she be his wife for question 27 but not question 28!? It just doesn't make sense!!

Matthew, not to be outdone, offers up the possibility that she got married sometime between the questions. But Markus counters (logically) that she can't be both musically talented and not musically talented.

"But Dad, aren't my answers kind of reasonable..??"

You bet they are, man. You bet they are.

8 Comments:

At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is absolutely wonderful! You should save this and write a book some day. Wonder where he got this ability???? Mom

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

I have no idea where he could have gotten it.

I blame dad. ; ]

 
At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The "correct answer" for the second one is absolutely wrong and illogical.

The President of the United States is a man.

John Caparoon is a man.

Therefore, John Caparoon is the President of the United States.

 
At 10:59 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

This is why China is overtaking us.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger mr_eric said...

your mom can leave blog comments?

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger caparoon said...

I know! Isn't that cool?

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Bill Lewis said...

I'm with Dave - I think that Marcus is way smarter than the test.

You know, I always thought that Deb and the kids were really intelligent. Now you have recently acquired conclusive data.

 
At 1:38 PM, Blogger caparoon said...

Here at Caparoon Labs...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home