punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Saturday, April 14, 2007

the narrow world

What's happening in the narrow world?

Funny you should ask:

* Deb is done with school for the semester (Yay! Only three more to go..).
* Markus has started summer baseball (I got to be the catcher one night, and the coach called me "Mr." despite my scraggly hippy appearance).
* My new job is awesome (I've got a full week under my belt now, and am starting to feel more comfortable in the production-writing environment {Did anyone know that "it's" is not a possessive and you shouldn't try to send it to print if you don't really mean "it is"? that's just crazy!})
* Deb and I are going on vacation for 3 days (No kids, no phone, no internet, no agenda).
* Coffee from Peru rocks.
* My new job is awesome (The people are super-cool and we all got together for barbecue at the studio on Friday night).
* I've got the new guitar up and running (I have considered selling it, but I am also considering keeping it as a "kid guitar"--although it is hideously heavy).
* People appear to be flowing like water out the door of my previous employer.. it's weird, like I was the cork or something (I miss Dave & Amy, though {but Amy's keeping me in-the-know, and Dave's keeping me in-the-crazylinks).
* I love Brant and Greg (but not necessarily in that order {though they are allowed to compete for my affection}, and in a totally not gay kind of way).

Also, my new job is awesome.

I need to arrange a couple musical equipment purchases--if I ever figure that out, I'll let you know what I'm up to. And I think I need to mow my lawn. The lawnmower runs like a muscle car now, thanks to a friend of a friend, so that should be fun.. I hope all the chrome doesn't frighten the squirrels...

In celebration of Deb being done with classes, and me settling into the new job, we're cleaning the whole house. This makes me tired. Although, really, I was already completely pooped. It's like this whole last 2 - 3 weeks has gone by at lightning speed. I'm not sure why that is.. I guess probably just the whole "changing careers" thing, coupled with the "finals week" thing for Deb.

Oh, and for anybody who doesn't know, our health insurance stuff all turned out fine. Looks like we're going to have plenty of financial margin to save up against the day when we may need to go through a period of not having full coverage.

We lost our last, almost-finished game of Myst IV when I had to turn in my old ThinkPad--but getting to play the whole thing again on a brand new MacBook Pro makes it OK. Here is a picture I just took with the MacBook...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home