punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Normalizing

I think that we're finally normalizing. This week I am feeling pretty not good about how little I've accomplished, musically. So.. that seems pretty normal.

But it's a good thing, too. Because wouldn't it be horrible if I enjoyed being a copywriter SO much that I suddenly found myself devoid of musical desires? Well, I think it would. So welcome back, angst! We missed you while you were gone. Sorta.

Markus and I went fishing today. Landed a couple good ones. Cool stuff. I'm very happy to be entering the stage with my boys where we can have more grown-up hangout time. On one hand, it means I have less time left with them, but on the other hand, it means that I have more time with them sharing on this level, and I really dig it.

My mom called from Washington state tonight to say that she had just been looking into the mouth of a volcano. That's pretty cool, as well.

I'm working on my VOX Pathfinder. I thought the speaker was blown, but now I'm thinking that either a) a capacitor is toast, or b) I just really hate the gain on this thing. I hope it's the first one, because I want very badly for it to be awesome.

Tonight I think I'll finish mowing my yard, and then maybe I'll tear apart a friend's mower and shoot it all full of carb cleaner to see if that fixes its problems.

I installed a new doorbell today. Still need to rewire half the house, rototill and level the backyard, paint the garage, fix the upstairs ceilings, paint all our rooms, fix/replace the carpet, clean out the flowerbeds, install new ceiling fans, fix the upstairs fireplace, change the oil in both vehicles, reglaze and paint the windows, get rid of the chipmunks, re-seed the lawn, kill the weeds, clean and reorganize the studio..

Phew! I'm tired now. I think I'll go eat another hot dog.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home