punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Sunday, November 25, 2007

oh wow!

I really need to update the blog, don't I?

Sorry, I got really busy. The final week and a half-ish prior to Thanksgiving was nuts, with me working on writing things most nights. It was a big push of work and stuff right up until we left. Taking an extra day off of work didn't help, but I was glad I did.

The long weekend was a good one. We ate entirely too much, but we spent way more time just relaxing than we did eating, and we definitely needed that.

Wednesday was pretty relaxed, with everyone arriving at the folks'. Then Thursday we headed to my grandparents' house and had dinner with the rest of the family--aunts, uncles, cousins. Thursday was also Deb's birthday, but not much happened with that, because when you have your birthday on Thanksgiving, the day is all taken up with one holiday already! I was going to get her a frozen pie from the Jarling's this year, but I couldn't because they were closed. :-(
I went busting over there Tuesday afternoon, trying to be sneaky, and when I got there I found the whole place transformed into a Christmas tree stand. Stupid people and their pre-Thanksgiving Christmas trees! Rant rant rant!! {shakes fist angrily}

Thursday night, Scott, dad and I headed down to the river cabin. We hunted ducks Friday and Saturday morning, and it was a really good weekend for it. Plenty cold, but not cold enough to actually injure yourself. There were a lot of diving ducks on the pool. More than there have been since I was in high school, so it was kind of a nostalgic experience.

The ducks reported no feelings of nostalgia.

But they will be tasty, I'm sure.

Friday night mom & dad took the kids to see Christmas lights, and we went out to dinner with Lisa and Scott. There's a pretty nice place there on the river at Burlington, and we had a good time. We weren't really hungry, but the food was still tasty, and we watched "Flight of the Conchords" on the iPhone, so a good time all around.

And last night we came home, to start getting our head back in the game. Hello, Game! Nice to see ya.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home