punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Sunday, January 21, 2007

Cool new blog stuff

Blogger, whereby I do my blogging, has some thing where they were bought out by google or something.. and now they offer a "new" version of blogger. A google version. Which I can only assume is almost uncomprehensibly cool.

I finally succumbed to their prodding, and "converted" to the new version.

I have no idea how to use it, but if I ever figure it out, I will do something unexpectedly cool with this blog, I'm sure.

One thing I can do is change the blog to a private thing, where I can just sign any of you up who want to read it. I might actually do that.. I hate when I write about stuff and then I can google my own name and find it (!) That's a little creepy. So if you're a reader, let me know.

Nothing new to report about life, in general. Good weekend. I could stand about a week's vacation. : -}

3 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Blogger Anthony Paul Smith said...

I completely forgot that I had posted here about a month ago.

I don't know Chris Simpson, I've heard about a paper he gave at the Granada conference (I think). I just was surprised to hear he was doing his PhD here at Nottingham. Is he?

I lived in Kankakee for three years in part because I attended Olivet Nazarene University for two, before transferring to DePaul in Chicago (and commuting from Kankakee for a year).

So, who are you?

 
At 7:08 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Yes, he is, but he's currently in the states, teaching. And yes, he did present at the conference.

I'm just an old friend of Chris' from back in the early college days. Chris was a freshman at Lincoln Christian College when I was a sophomore. Lot of late nights eating ramen noodles, etc. Chris is a great guy, and a wonderful friend. He's got a big, pulsating brain, but he's humble--doesn't seem to feel the need to go around pummelling everyone with his intellect. Also, he introduced me to Kierkegaard. (not personally, of course, what with the big K being dead and all..)

I spent a couple years in Kankakee, playing with a friend's band, meeting my future wife, and other things of that nature. All of her family is still up there.

ONU, huh? Long way to Tipperary!

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

Nope. Doesn't ring a bell. Chris might. I was there '91-93. Chris was there '92 til.. roughly forever. That's actually where he's teaching now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home