punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Friday, September 19, 2008

The Guide

http://www.reuters.com/article/oddlyEnoughNews/idUSLH9268320080917?feedType=RSS&feedName=oddlyEnoughNews&rpc=69

Douglas Adams' famous "Hitchiker's Guide" series will be getting a sixth installment.

Obviously not from Adams, because he's dead.

No, the final book of the series (unless, I assume, it turns out to be incredibly lucrative) will be written by Irish author Eoin (or something like that) Colfer.

Colfer is famous for writing a children's series called "Artemis Fowl," which my kids love.

Strangely enough, I was just thinking about the Guide yesterday, trying to remember when I first picked it up, and if I could drop it on The Boy yet. ...I'm thinking that perhaps I was more aware of Some Things when I was in 6th grade than he is. Because there are Some Things in there that I don't remember being particularly startled by--but I'm betting he would. So maybe not quite yet. : [

Honestly, book 4 of the Adams series is pretty lousy, and while book 5 is much better, it is also much darker. I've never been compelled to re-read 4 and 5 (Wait.. I take that back. I re-read 4 just to see if it was really as bad as I had thought. And it was.), whereas I've read the first 3 dozens of times.

Regardless, it sounds like I'll be reading book 6 next year. There you go, Guide fans.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 8:28 PM, Blogger Hoerman said...

YAY! :/
and i thought that the last book was a tough read...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home