punchworthy

A blog whereby I motivate myself, and my readers, to punch me in the mouth.



  "Punchworthy feeds our deepest Freudian wishes!" --Entertainment

  "The consumate rocker's rocker. Charming, personable... a sucking void of inescapable inner turmoil."
  --Newsweek
  

Thursday, September 04, 2008

"Yes, but.. qualifications..!" Say it with me, people.

I've worked with a lot of people, in a bunch of different fields.

And I know, that this is the point in the blog where you're all expecting me to either make a case for why someone is qualified for something presidentially-related, or to lampoon said qualifications.

But I'm not going to.

I've worked with a lot of people, in a bunch of different fields. Some qualified and some not. And by far... by far, far, farfar... the unqualified people win. I've worked with a host of qualified idiots. It's amazing what you can get on a resume, and still not be able to pull your hand away from a hot stove without direct orders from a superior.

THIS IS NOT TO SAY that being unqualified makes you MORE qualified. That is insane.

It is to say that, in my experience, personal and professional, being qualified doesn't seem to really matter all that much.

I'm just sayin'.

So, the reason that I'm not discounting Palin is the same reason that I never discounted Obama.

Also, I'm not sure I care that much. But that's another blog.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 7:51 AM, Blogger Bill Lewis said...

Your new job is awesome? Is this a new new job, or an old new job (or, rather, a new old job)?

 
At 9:17 AM, Blogger caparoon said...

This is, I believe, "ironic humor."

 

Post a Comment

<< Home